10 IMPORTANT RULES TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY ROCKS IN 2014
1. MAKE IT FUN – That sounds obvious… but you will not believe the number of companies who make their Christmas Party like a day in the office. Who will want to attend if it is similar to a normal day in the office?
2. GET INTO THE FESTIVE SPIRIT – There is nothing like seeing your CEO in a reindeer Christmas jumper and a pair of antlers to let you know that you can relax and enjoy yourself. You can even have a theme for the party. You are then more likely to find people won’t take themselves too seriously.
3. FIND A CENTRAL LOCATION – I have to say that as No.4 Hamilton Place is perfectly located in central Mayfair, but seriously it is no good if the venue is a five minute walk from the Chief Finance Officer’s penthouse suite but a three hour commute for the rest of the Team. Make it as central as possible to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy themselves rather than thinking; ‘how on earth do I get home from here?!’
4. GET A CHRISTMAS PACKAGE PRICE – Knowing what is included from the start means that you are not going to be stung with a hefty invoice afterwards. Our four hour drinks package (for only £22+VAT per person) works well as with unlimited house wine, beer and soft drinks available, there is something for everyone.
5. SERVE FOOD, FOOD, FOOD – This is very important in social situations, as although some people say eating is cheating, I disagree entirely. No-one wants to make a fool of themselves at the work Christmas party and so whether you choose a three-course sit down menu, a two course buffet or tasty bowl food make sure there is some kind of food available. It is a big part of the old ‘festive cheer’ and it also soaks up alcohol.
6. THINK ABOUT THE MUSIC – ‘Without music, life would be a mistake’ – Friedrich Nietzsche. Do not get a member of staff’s cousin’s, brother’s, uncle’s, father to DJ when the last time he spun tunes most of the staff had not been born. Ask people what they want (top 5 tunes) and get them to email their choices. You can then create a playlist and this makes sure everyone has had a say about the music.
7. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE – Surely the whole point is to team build, get people socialising, and to show your employees that their hard work throughout the year is appreciated. It is essential you create an atmosphere where all of this can happen.
8. MAKE IT LAST IN THEIR MINDS – Do not scrimp on the Christmas party! If it is the one social occasion in the staff calendar, make it one they remember for the right reasons. One canapé and one glass of wine will not be seen as generous. Just limit the timings of the party and get a package price, to keep it to a set budget.
9. ENTERTAIN YOUR GUESTS – No I do not mean get up and serenade people with a rendition of ‘girls just want to have fun’. Having entertainment is always a conversation starter and a great way to make people remember the event. Ask people what they want (have a vote to choose the entertainment) be it a magician, snake charmer, live band, celeb lookalike, belly dancing class, you name it and a Christmas party supplier will be able to help source it.
10. CLOSING TIME – no company has an infinite budget, so midnight seems to be a good time for the party to come to a close (No. 4’s license is until then too FYI). Afterwards the party animals can head to a club while the rest of the team can (hopefully) catch the last of the public transport to head home and then everyone is a winner.
CHRISTMAS 2014 YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK… at No.4 Hamilton Place
So get in touch about your Christmas Party, we are here to help you make it a night everyone enjoys.
Contact the venue team on 0207 670 4314/ 4316 or email [email protected]
No.4 Hamilton Place, London W1J 7BQ